A really lovely bit from Rany Jazayerli on Orson Scott Card.
Smashmouth is Jets’ only hope vs. Saints - NFL Nation Blog - ESPN
In-depth coverage of the devastating superstorm’s after-effects, one year later.One year after Sandy, Rep. Gregory Meeks discusses the Superstorm’s impact and storm recovery efforts on Consider This at 10pm ET/7pm PT.
What pushes some children in Flint, Michigan, the most dangerous city in the country, down a path of violence? Tune in to America Tonight at 9pm ET/6pm PT for more. For more, find the channel: http://alj.am/getajamtu
Damn, Bill Keller, I made it all the way to paragraph nine of this story before I hit your first glaring error! Nice work.
But, come on. Do you really think the reason that only 23 percent of American teachers come from the top third of college graduates is because it’s too easy to get into teacher college? And the fact that if you’re in the top third of your class your career options include a lot of things that are far more lucrative—and have a far smaller rate of experts who have never been in a classroom telling you what you’re doing wrong—doesn’t have anything to do with this?
Oh I don’t know. Maybe this is an accurate description?
The number of deaths caused by the Iraq War has been a source of intense controversy, as politics, inexact science and a clamor for public awareness have intersected in a heated debate of conflicting interests. The latest and perhaps most rigorous survey, released Tuesday, puts the figure at close to 500,000.
The study — a collaboration of researchers in the U.S., Canada and Iraq appearing in the journal PLoS Medicine — included a survey of 2,000 Iraqi households in 100 geographic regions in Iraq. Researchers used two surveys, one involving the household and another asking residents about their siblings, in an attempt to demonstrate the accuracy of the data they were collecting. Using data from these surveys, researchers estimated 405,000 deaths, with another 55,800 projected deaths from the extensive migration in and emigration from Iraq occurring as a result of the war.
The researchers estimated that 60 percent of the deaths were violent, with the remaining 40 percent occurring because of the health-infrastructure issues that arose as a result of the invasion — a point they emphasized in discussing their research, since the figure is higher than those found in previous studies.
Photo: Mohammed Sawaf/AFP/Getty Images
We want to make more Bee and PuppyCat cartoons - even a whole series of them! Help us by contributing to a Bee and PuppyCat Kickstarter.This Kickstarter is the fastest way to get you a series of Bee and PuppyCat cartoons. It is also the best way to help Frederator give Natasha Allegri, the creator of Bee and PuppyCat, the most creative freedom. And you can get some awesome Bee and PuppyCat stuff that will not be available anywhere. Your help is crucial.Thank you,-The Cartoon Hangover Team